We match you with mondy for school
join studentawards | the forum | membership benefits | surveys français? visitez boursetudes.com  
Welcome Guest to the Studentawards Forum Forum Home | Search | Active Topics | Forum Members | Forum Log In | Forum Register

How to pass your road test Options
karla
Posted: April 23, 2009 6:11:33 PM

Groups: Member

firice4837 wrote:
karla wrote:
Well you've failed your driving test 4 times? To me that would indicate you are a bad driver and need way more practice until you are comfortable driving in a more high pressure environment.

Wrong.

I failed my driving test 3 times and I'm probably a better driver than 95% of the people who pass it on their first time.

You keep telling yourself that.
Flag
Posted: April 23, 2009 6:29:38 PM

JCP714 wrote:
yaaa....thanks for bein such "nice" ppl....but i do know how to drive because i am fine driving with my parents...im just a nervous wreck in a test setting which is why i start to do bad.

You said you're terrible at backing up. That means that you're not such a good driver.

And nervous? You fall to pieces and drive like a fool when you're nervous? What will you do when a car swerves out infront of you and you dont have the time to stop? There's TONS of unexpected situations that will make you nervous- having a driving examiner in the car should be the least of your worries. You're about to take hundreds of peoples lives in your hands on a daily basis- and the person sitting beside you makes you nervous? Sorry, that REALLY shows that you're not ready for your liscence.

People who don't know how to back up suck.

A while ago I was in my car, just sitting there, waiting for a break in the traffic, and this moron decides to parallel park in the spot MUCH too slow for his wierd PT Cruiser type car- backs up, backs up, keeps backing up, I honk the horn because he's REALLY close, he turns and looks, the look on his face is "AHHH!", so rather than stop and fix it, he hits the gas. He imprints the liscence plate of his car into the front of mine, THEN takes off. Yup, couldn't find you if I tried, you only left me your liscence plate number you dumbass.

People who can't back up shouldn't have liscences.

Learn to drive, learn to back up, get enough confidence, THEN go back for your test. Don't try and try and try until some fool takes pity and passes you and puts a dumbass on the road.

zackboomer wrote:
I don't think I could keep it up IRL either

firice4837
Posted: April 23, 2009 6:32:10 PM

karla wrote:
firice4837 wrote:
karla wrote:
Well you've failed your driving test 4 times? To me that would indicate you are a bad driver and need way more practice until you are comfortable driving in a more high pressure environment.

Wrong.

I failed my driving test 3 times and I'm probably a better driver than 95% of the people who pass it on their first time.

I've had my G2 for almost a year and have never had any problems whatsoever on the road. I know what I'm doing because simply put, I dont make stupid decisions.

I'm proof the number of times a person fails the road test is not an indication of their skills as a driver.

UWO - Economics (AEO1)
karla
Posted: April 23, 2009 6:36:33 PM

firice4837 wrote:
karla wrote:
firice4837 wrote:
karla wrote:

Wrong.

I've had my G2 for almost a year and have never had any problems whatsoever on the road. I know what I'm doing because simply put, I dont make stupid decisions.

I'm proof the number of times a person fails the road test is not an indication of their skills as a driver.

I'm not saying you're a bad driver now, because you have been driving for a year, but you were obviously a bad driver when you took your test because you failed it 3 times.
mynameismattgotmlgo
Posted: April 23, 2009 7:01:47 PM

firice4837 wrote:

You failed your G test 3 times???

BMSc Honours Specialization in Medical Science, Minor in Psychology UWO '09
Bachelor of Pharmacy University of Alberta '13
firice4837
Posted: April 23, 2009 7:11:34 PM

karla wrote:
firice4837 wrote:
karla wrote:
firice4837 wrote:
karla wrote:

Wrong.

I'm not saying you're a bad driver now, because you have been driving for a year, but you were obviously a bad driver when you took your test because you failed it 3 times.

I wasnt a bad driver then either. I just wanted it so bad I tried so hard and I screwed up. I think the fact I took it at rush hour in one of the busiest areas in toronto might have been a major factor in those three failures. The fourth time I took it at downsview mid-afternoon and I had finally gotten over my nerves.

UWO - Economics (AEO1)
firice4837
Posted: April 23, 2009 7:13:26 PM

mynameismattgotmlgo wrote:
firice4837 wrote:

You failed your G test 3 times???

I failed my G2 test 3 times. I'm assuming G's easier to pass because you've been driving longer and your used to driving by yourself. Where as with the G2 its weird not having a parent beside you and that alone makes alot of kids more nervous.

UWO - Economics (AEO1)
karla
Posted: April 23, 2009 7:15:51 PM

You 'tried so hard' that you screwed up? Good drivers don't do that. Sorry.
mynameismattgotmlgo
Posted: April 23, 2009 7:18:30 PM

The G2 test is pretty objective... if you don't signal to turn, you lose 3 points; if you don't look at your mirrors every 3-5 seconds or whatever it is, you lose 2 points; if you are too far from the curve after parallel parking, you lose 2 points; etc, etc...

The G test is like that too, but all that really matters is that you drive well. The tester is not looking for all the specifics... he will pass you so long as he thinks you are a safe driver. If you fail your G test three times, then you are a TERRIBLE driver and should be banned from driving.

BMSc Honours Specialization in Medical Science, Minor in Psychology UWO '09
Bachelor of Pharmacy University of Alberta '13
ZoSo471
Posted: April 23, 2009 9:09:11 PM

BigBMan wrote:
Terrios wrote:
I cant see why people are so intimidated by muscular people or black people in general

nah..it's just italians ;)

=P

it wasnt because he was black. its just he was big, loud, and authoritative. anyone would crap bricks.

i did my test at aurora btw. there was a wierd intersection that unless my driving instructor didn't warn me about it, i would of screwed up big time.

i would keep trying aurora so you get used to the route. its not a hard one

tuttiking
Posted: May 13, 2009 11:12:22 PM

yeaaaaaaa
DO IT IN GUELPH that was soo clutch.
but seriously, if you're realllllly worried about it, do ur homework. go to your place a couple days early and follow them...see their routes and then just practice them. Don't bother trying to be nice..my guy was a massive douchebag. just over exagerate everything and make sure ur not over the speed limit. Always drive in the right lane...slow down at train tracks..and uhh look in ur mirrors. don't be nervous tho.. just keep practicin

University of Western Ontario - BMOS/Ivey 2013
pauliewalnuts
Posted: May 14, 2009 11:26:01 AM

I really do think the most important thing is to check your mirrors like a fiend. They want you to check them so often that I actually think it's unsafe... if you're checking your mirrors every three seconds, you're barely looking at the road.
milktea02
Posted: May 17, 2009 4:40:12 AM

I failed the first time I went for my "N" test which is equivalent to the "G2" test. This was because I made a major violation which auto-failed me. >.<"
I passed the second time with flying colours. big grin big grin big grin

I took 2 or 3 lessons with a driving instructor and found that it helped a lot. Before lessons, I was getting lessons from my dad... and lets just say he's not the most patient of people.

And isn't parallel parking with only one car a lot easier?

UBC Science '13
UBC CSP 09
UBC '13
Place Vanier 09/10 and 10/11

Majoring in Chemistry
jimmyeatskids
Posted: May 21, 2009 1:03:22 AM

i made 11 errors on my G test today, for stupid things (like not making a traffic check every 5 seconds on the highway, and doing the last part of the 3 point too slowly)

but anyway, the limit is 30 errors so i passed, except i actually failed cause a cop going south in the opposite lane turned on his lights, and i was going north and i didn't pull to the right..so yea..it had to be my test and in the other friggen opposite lanes

so im gonna pay $75 to do the exact same thing again on june 4th, just without the cop this time lol
ubcforthewin
Posted: May 21, 2009 1:44:49 AM

haha I just got mine today!!! WHOO! so stokked!

but basically relaxing is the key for sure...!
ederoo
Posted: May 21, 2009 9:38:48 PM

LOL @ Ontario driving laws.

I got my full license @ age 16 (Woo Atlantic Canada!!)

Believe it or not, I got points taken off cuz I didn't know how to properly operate the windshield wipers (I was using my driving company's car for my test and never bothered trying the wipers).
soccerchamp17
Posted: May 22, 2009 1:08:22 AM

I failed the road test 5 times. eek!
Flag
Posted: May 22, 2009 11:40:56 AM

ederoo wrote:
LOL @ Ontario driving laws.

I got my full license @ age 16 (Woo Atlantic Canada!!)

Believe it or not, I got points taken off cuz I didn't know how to properly operate the windshield wipers (I was using my driving company's car for my test and never bothered trying the wipers).

What's so LOL about Ontario driving laws?

And I can definitely believe that you got points taken off for that- dangerous. You should at least know the basics of ANY car you're driving- what if your windshield were to get splattered in mud? You'd be screwed. I'd probably fail someone if they didn't even know how to work them- I've only ever seen them in two places in all the cars I've driven (LOADS), so it's not like it's something difficult to figure out... o.O

zackboomer wrote:

soccerchamp17
Posted: May 22, 2009 12:30:29 PM

^ Ontario driving laws are definitley LOL. In BC you have to keep your N (i.e. G2) for 2 years, and we have a 1 passenger limit. And the law is enforced too, if your caught your passengers gotta walk.
Flag
Posted: May 22, 2009 6:14:27 PM

So? Does the fact that your laws are different makes ours bad or something?

zackboomer wrote: