We match you with mondy for school
join studentawards | the forum | membership benefits | surveys français? visitez boursetudes.com  
Welcome Guest to the Studentawards Forum Forum Home | Search | Active Topics | Forum Members | Forum Log In | Forum Register

Everest College? <-- Does Any One Know About This? Options
nice_guy
Posted: March 13, 2008 6:20:36 PM
Groups: Member

Everest College charges you a lot of money. It is for 1 year. The world's best tutors teach there. After this course, you will get a job. 100% guaranteed.

That's what they say.

Any one has more details about this? Are they just making money?
kuroshio
Posted: March 13, 2008 9:42:09 PM

never heard of it? must be so good its super duper exclusive so no one hears about it!

Commerce '12 Queen's University
nice_guy
Posted: March 13, 2008 9:44:13 PM

it's not super duper exclusive when no body knows about it.

i am afraid if they are fraud. not in a way they won't teach, but they would just teach like university. they charge us like $9,000 for the whole year. they claim they are the best and they have one of the world's tutors. they claim after studying from them. 100% chances of getting job afterwards.
onestep
Posted: March 13, 2008 9:49:23 PM

i see the commercial a lot on channel 39 (TBS)-it's the one where the guy is saying 'money wasn't tight but it wasn't right'. i don't know much about this but they actually have a campus so you could probably go there and talk to someone or actually call the campus and ask them what it's about.

to be quite honest though; if something sounds too good to be true than it probably is so just do some research before you apply.
TaintedKane
Posted: March 13, 2008 9:55:44 PM

THere are actually a lot of places that sound the same like DeVry and what not. But TBS is always airing those kind of commercials they get kinda annoying.
nice_guy
Posted: March 13, 2008 9:56:49 PM

onestep wrote:
i see the commercial a lot on channel 39 (TBS)-it's the one where the guy is saying 'money wasn't tight but it wasn't right'. i don't know much about this but they actually have a campus so you could probably go there and talk to someone or actually call the campus and ask them what it's about.

to be quite honest though; if something sounds too good to be true than it probably is so just do some research before you apply.

The first time I heard about Everest College. I thought it was just a part-time course. I wanted this to be part-time because I am also studying high school.

I signed up online for Everest College. They called me and they were like the course is full-time. I was like okay okay. Everything looked good to me. I thought I could join that in summer or something.

They called me again. They were like "the course is for one year and they are gonna charge me $9,000 for the course". They booked an interview for me. I was trying to ignore them.

They called me again as a reminder of the interview. I finally said I wasn't interested in that.

Although the charges are too much, but what really interested me was "job 100% guaranteed and you get to choose what you wanna study and you would get that particular career type job."
onestep
Posted: March 13, 2008 11:30:59 PM

personally-if you aren't crunched on time and don't need a lot of money and if your program is offered at a university then i would apply there. i haven't done a lot of research on this but i believe that if you get a university degree that there will be a higher chance of earning more money. i also believe that more companies will be more likely to hire you because of the university or college that you went to as it has a better reputation than Everest college. don't get me wrong, Everest college can be a wise idea if you are crunched on time and need a lot of money in about a year but think about what is best for you in the long run. any type of education is good but it just seems "sketchy" that they charge $9,000 for a course, have good tutors and that there is a 100% guarantee of a job. the way i see it is that a) the cost for tuition is TOO much for a college that not many people have heard of b) in regards to the job guarantee (100%)--nothing in life is guaranteed and if it is it may not be that great c) you can go to university or another college and study something that you are interested in and still get the particular job that you want d) many colleges and universities have good if not excellent tutors it's just a personal opinion so although these tutors may be well known chances are you may not even like them!
Resurgam
Posted: March 13, 2008 11:41:15 PM

nice_guy wrote:
Everest College charges you a lot of money. It is for 1 year. The world's best tutors teach there. After this course, you will get a job. 100% guaranteed.

That's what they say.

Any one has more details about this? Are they just making money?

The vocational school "Career Development Institute", known as CDI, later became "CDI College" and now changed its name to "Everest College". It's very similar to DeVry and they are all over the place. It's not an alternative to a university education.

And I would want to know what exactly the 100% job guarantee is. Is it that they promise that all graduates will have a job (any job, even if it is 20,000$/yr.) within 12 month after they get their diploma?
deadtimothy666
Posted: March 29, 2008 1:34:23 AM

Hey folks,

I just checked for the approximate tuition fee of Everest College, but I found out the conversations in here were quite interesting.

I went to Everest to ask for the information about the program they offer. The representative does mention the student who graduates will get a job within 6 months (around 96%). Everest's career service department have a system or network and which is called "Employer Network." Here's the information on how it works (from the brochure the rep gave me):
"Everest Career Services has an extensive network of employers. We continually develop relationships with companies who have previously hired our graduates, and we are adding organizations to our portfolio on a daily basis, often receiving job posting that are advertised. In addition, Career Services will provide you with current business trends and professional development workshops to enhance your career and show you how to quickly enter the business world."

Please don't expect Everest will do the same thing as major community college. Not most of the credits you earned in each program from Everest will be able to transfer to other University. If you choose IT programs or Accounting program, the chances of the credit transferring will be higher. The class time-table is also different from the community college or University. The class are "fix"able not flexible. You can only choose whether 8am to 1pm or 1pm to 6pm. If you pick 8am to 1pm, then you will have classes from M-F, 8am to 1pm. Their teaching style is hands-on training.

All the information on how the system work is very attractive, but I wanna hang on after I found out the tuition fee will be around $10K. If you are lazy like me, you can just get into Everest. For example, if you plan to study Accounting in University, you need to take Marketing, Management, Business Communication, and blah blah blah .... it sounds boring to me. In Everest, you just need to study the concentration of the Accounting only. It's quite like a shortcut.

Hope I provide much detail information to all, folks. I am still considering whether get in or not ... but thanks for you guyz showing the tuition fee of Everest.
Resurgam
Posted: March 29, 2008 1:57:24 AM

deadtimothy666 wrote:
Hey folks,

I just checked for the approximate tuition fee of Everest College, but I found out the conversations in here were quite interesting.

I went to Everest to ask for the information about the program they offer. The representative does mention the student who graduates will get a job within 6 months (around 96%). Everest's career service department have a system or network and which is called "Employer Network." Here's the information on how it works (from the brochure the rep gave me):
"Everest Career Services has an extensive network of employers. We continually develop relationships with companies who have previously hired our graduates, and we are adding organizations to our portfolio on a daily basis, often receiving job posting that are advertised. In addition, Career Services will provide you with current business trends and professional development workshops to enhance your career and show you how to quickly enter the business world."

Please don't expect Everest will do the same thing as major community college. Not most of the credits you earned in each program from Everest will be able to transfer to other University. If you choose IT programs or Accounting program, the chances of the credit transferring will be higher. The class time-table is also different from the community college or University. The class are "fix"able not flexible. You can only choose whether 8am to 1pm or 1pm to 6pm. If you pick 8am to 1pm, then you will have classes from M-F, 8am to 1pm. Their teaching style is hands-on training.

All the information on how the system work is very attractive, but I wanna hang on after I found out the tuition fee will be around $10K. If you are lazy like me, you can just get into Everest. For example, if you plan to study Accounting in University, you need to take Marketing, Management, Business Communication, and blah blah blah .... it sounds boring to me. In Everest, you just need to study the concentration of the Accounting only. It's quite like a shortcut.

Hope I provide much detail information to all, folks. I am still considering whether get in or not ... but thanks for you guyz showing the tuition fee of Everest.

Thanks for the info. Just make sure you understand what their "hands-on" training is all about. From what I know, it means that you mostly sit in a room and read the book by yourself and go through the practice questions by yourself, module by module. If you have questions, you go to the instructor and the instructor will try to answer your questions. Once you finish the study material for one course, you will have a practice exam and if you do well on the practice exam, you will get to write the exam for that particular course. Then you get the book for the next course and repeat, until you finish all courses.

And I still say that you should take the "job guarantee" with a grain of salt.

On the other hand, CDI / Everest is NOT a scam or a fraud. You WILL be learning stuff related to whatever program you choose. It's just not as well rounded and thorough as a university education. It's a shortcut that will get you into the workforce quicker, ...if you do not have high-paying professional aspirations.
kat-Grad
Posted: December 9, 2009 10:22:37 AM

Everest College info Update Dec 2009

For Information Technology - The tution is between 10k - 15900 for the year. This is a self -study, type of school if you take information tech courses. Now, you have about 3 weeks, to finish each course and sometimes only 1 week. I was a student there and graduate successfully but not very happy on the policies . You must finish the course within a set time which is very difficult to do. You have to invest 15 hours a day if you want to finish successfuly. At the end of the year and if you are not finished, they can charge you extra dollars per day on the rate of 10/hour -12/hour. You have to sign a course agreement each time you start a course. They also do not give refunds if you are half the course, say you are 6 months out of the year of the program, you will be compelled to pay everything. Ask a lot of questions before you enroll.

University or regular COllege is still better. There is no guarantee that the teacher is great, you cannot drop courses like regular University. You also have to be present everyday at all times, they check your attendance, and you must be there 80% of your course because they can drop you, or kick you out of the program but you still have to pay.

I will not recommend Everest College to anyone, who is purely out of High School. Especially if you want to do course in Information Technology. I paid my own tution not by a third party like employment insurance or whoever. I had class mates who are funded and one has broken arm, so he want extension on course but he has to pay, even if he has medical doctors note.
So I do not recommend it.

No they are not scam or fraud but I dont recommend it for any information Technology. Also if you still want to, talk to the teacher-to-be because you dont want to end up like me, wasting my time in school who end up tutoring your classmates because the teacher is too busy or he is allowing this to happen, and ask for the teachers previous credentials, and if you still want to go, that is your own risk.
mynameismattgotmlgo
Posted: December 9, 2009 12:40:28 PM

I don't care what your problems is.

GO TO EVEREST!

BMSc Honours Specialization in Medical Science, Minor in Psychology UWO '09
Bachelor of Pharmacy University of Alberta '13
pinkchair
Posted: December 9, 2009 2:59:42 PM

+1
I'm in the 5th grade cheers

"Still sippin wishin well water, imported, from Pluto"
My name is Car, I'm Greek.
Pluto IS a real planet.
Check my profile.
X-FactorVigi
Posted: December 9, 2009 5:32:46 PM

these guys from Everest came to my high school the other day and during lunch time had a stand and you could talk to them....no one did, but they looked professional and seemed like they had a legit program. but if they were all great and stuff, idk why they'd bother with our high school, our high school sucks.

Taylor Gang or Die
mynameismattgotmlgo
Posted: December 9, 2009 5:38:03 PM

I don't care if your grandmama dying right now, you need to take her dying money and go to college.

BMSc Honours Specialization in Medical Science, Minor in Psychology UWO '09
Bachelor of Pharmacy University of Alberta '13
o0_mysterious_0o
Posted: December 10, 2009 10:02:28 AM

mynameismattgotmlgo wrote:
I don't care if your grandmama dying right now, you need to take her dying money and go to college.

+1
razz

Grade 12