We match you with mondy for school
join studentawards | the forum | membership benefits | surveys français? visitez boursetudes.com  
Welcome Guest to the Studentawards Forum Forum Home | Search | Active Topics | Forum Members | Forum Log In | Forum Register

Schulich BBA/iBBA 2011 Applicants Options
soccerstar6
Posted: September 29, 2010 2:19:12 PM

Groups: Member

PJC14 wrote:
Singh wrote:
PJC14 wrote:
Singh wrote:
PJC14 wrote:
Singh wrote:
http://media.schulich.yorku.ca/blog/2010/09/27/schulich-attracts-the-best-and-the-brightest/

you quote schulich website as a source of schulich's superiority. how naive are you? also, read: brampton, brown skin.
also, minimum of 90.5? that's a lie and they know it. someone whom i know in real life got an offer to iBBA with a 87 average. In fact, this year, Schulich couldn't even fill up the iBBA quota because people didn't accept Schulich's offer.

Pathetic.

lol, read: get a life

between classes, working out, and homework, i guarantee you that i outparty you by 10x.
also, since when did you jump on the read: bandwagon?

it was sarcasm because that's all u trolls do nowadays "read:...." , and if u do all of that stuff then how come u have time to bash schulich on these forums 24/7, i swear u wait online, refreshing ur page for something to come up and type something about schulich and talk smack...

you are ignorant if you have yet to recognize my genius.

Or you are just deluded?
PJC14
Posted: September 29, 2010 2:29:18 PM

soccerstar6 wrote:
PJC14 wrote:
Singh wrote:
PJC14 wrote:
Singh wrote:
PJC14 wrote:
Singh wrote:
http://media.schulich.yorku.ca/blog/2010/09/27/schulich-attracts-the-best-and-the-brightest/

you quote schulich website as a source of schulich's superiority. how naive are you? also, read: brampton, brown skin.
also, minimum of 90.5? that's a lie and they know it. someone whom i know in real life got an offer to iBBA with a 87 average. In fact, this year, Schulich couldn't even fill up the iBBA quota because people didn't accept Schulich's offer.

Pathetic.

lol, read: get a life

between classes, working out, and homework, i guarantee you that i outparty you by 10x.
also, since when did you jump on the read: bandwagon?

it was sarcasm because that's all u trolls do nowadays "read:...." , and if u do all of that stuff then how come u have time to bash schulich on these forums 24/7, i swear u wait online, refreshing ur page for something to come up and type something about schulich and talk smack...

you are ignorant if you have yet to recognize my genius.

Or you are just deluded?

the 100% i got back today on a test disagree with your baseless assumption.
Singh
Posted: October 1, 2010 10:28:18 PM

bump
Mar
Posted: October 2, 2010 10:02:13 PM

People who will apply to iBBa @ Schulich

Why did you choose this program?
What languages do you speak?
What international experience do you have?

How different are iBBa and BBa?

Temich
Posted: October 10, 2010 11:16:05 PM

Sooooooooooooooooooo

here as it is. or correct me.

iBBA vs BBA

iBBA - business core (-) Business History or Ethics, * harder Economics + language ( hard for some not for others)

BBA - business core (+) Business History or Ethics * easier Economics. no language

(1) the question is can somebody bring the light on the differences of the Economic Courses (Schulich vs Atkinson) ?

(2) what do you experience studying foreign language? consumes lots of time or w.e the underlying tricks? And how would you compare it against taking Business History or Ethics

(3) whats up with Business History or Ethics or whatever the iBBAs get cut off, is it bore-some? hard? how is it compared to taking lets say spanish instead?

could somebody, baptized by fire, spill the blessing light?
scratch

things might get ugly, but I will be disappointed if they don't

Schulich 2011 iBBA/BBA ...?
amhsirak
Posted: October 11, 2010 2:29:50 PM

What kind of EC's are applicants bringing to the table?

I've got 3 decent ones (pres, pres, and treasurer), and the rest are complete BS.

Success Bound

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Schulich iBBA
Ivey AEO+BMOS
Queens Commerce
Laurier BBA
Ryerson Commerce

McGill Desautels? Perhaps...
djtar
Posted: October 11, 2010 2:37:28 PM

amhsirak wrote:
What kind of EC's are applicants bringing to the table?

I've got 3 decent ones (pres, pres, and treasurer), and the rest are complete BS.

 Junior Boys baseketball team coach 2010
 Cayley Math Contest School Champion 2009
 Camp Counsellor at Camp Tapawingo for gr 9 retreat 2010
 Basketball – Etobicoke Basketball Association, Etobicoke Thunder Rep Team, 2006 – 2009, Team Captain 2009
 Ontario Basketball Association Champions, 2007-2008
 Economics Club & Philosophy Club 2010
 Horseshoe ski team 2005-2007
 Junior Boys baseketball team coach 2010
 Kumon Math, 2003-2007
 Boys Basketball team 2007-2009 and team captain
 Downtown Toronto Homeless sandwich run founder at my high school 2010 (I started the project)
 Student Council grade rep 2010
 Volleyball Intramural Coordinator/Organizer
goldmansachs
Posted: October 11, 2010 5:55:23 PM

^ Wow

Two questions though, how are you a basketball coach of a school team when you're a student?

And I'm assuming since you just wrote Kumon 2003-2007 that you were just tutored? Not an EC bud. And you wrote Junior Boys Basketball Team Coach 2010- twice.
And Uni's could care less if you're just a member of a club. So that really trim things down doesn't it.

amhsirak- If you're an executive for three things, especially pres that's really good. Don't feel underestimated because of people that come on this forum to show off. On top of your three exec positions- just boop about a bit more of your "bs" and you'll be good smile

Goodluck!

Applying to:
McGill University - Management
UWO - Global Economics + Ivey AEO
Queens University - Commerce
York University - Schulich BBA
UTSC - Management Co-op
djtar
Posted: October 11, 2010 7:02:13 PM

goldmansachs wrote:
^ Wow

Two questions though, how are you a basketball coach of a school team when you're a student?

And I'm assuming since you just wrote Kumon 2003-2007 that you were just tutored? Not an EC bud. And you wrote Junior Boys Basketball Team Coach 2010- twice.
And Uni's could care less if you're just a member of a club. So that really trim things down doesn't it.

amhsirak- If you're an executive for three things, especially pres that's really good. Don't feel underestimated because of people that come on this forum to show off. On top of your three exec positions- just boop about a bit more of your "bs" and you'll be good smile

Goodluck!

My school is big on the student coach thing haha. Yeah and I kinda inflated it a bit too much, the kumon bit was also helping younger kids, by younger i mean like beginning kumon and its before hs so i guess its irrelevant. Its just a rough list i put together for a guidance session. Im still adding things to it as well, however I only have 40h for community hours. Should I work on getting more, like 70+?
goldmansachs
Posted: October 11, 2010 7:19:42 PM

Where do you plan on applying bud? Yeah if you can increase the 40H by all means go ahead! Your application will be competitive either way. Good Luck!

Applying to:
McGill University - Management
UWO - Global Economics + Ivey AEO
Queens University - Commerce
York University - Schulich BBA
UTSC - Management Co-op
djtar
Posted: October 11, 2010 7:54:58 PM

goldmansachs wrote:
Where do you plan on applying bud? Yeah if you can increase the 40H by all means go ahead! Your application will be competitive either way. Good Luck!

Queens, Schulich & Ivey I guess. Yeah ive been slacking on those hours i know haha. Good luck to everyone else too!
amhsirak
Posted: October 11, 2010 9:45:08 PM

Aha, thanks goldmansachs! And I have around 50 hours, but do the universities that require a PSE take into account how many hours you've completed?

I realize that when it comes to extra curriculars, quality > quantity, but how many total extra currics do you have? scratch

I have just over 20, but a lot of the stuff, like I said, is fabricated (Vaughan Food Bank, Reading Buddy, etc.)

Success Bound

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Schulich iBBA
Ivey AEO+BMOS
Queens Commerce
Laurier BBA
Ryerson Commerce

McGill Desautels? Perhaps...
br.ca
Posted: October 12, 2010 4:38:45 PM

A friend started this blog about Schulich, and I'm trying to help her promote it. Check it out: http://shoelickkid.wordpress.com/

Schulich iBBA 2014
OhFlip
Posted: October 15, 2010 2:37:41 PM

If you're even CONSIDERING going to Schulich next year, make sure you take data management and pay attention in it. if you don't, you're screwed. if you do, you're still screwed but just a little less.

and also relax. schulich's not that hard to get into.
kjhk
Posted: October 15, 2010 6:49:59 PM

would this be ok for schulich
Head of Red Cross Club
Volunteer at Summer Camp as a Camp Councilor
Work as a math marker at math tutor place
Math Tutor at school
English Tutor
logged 100+ hours at a racial acceptance club
Canvassed with Regional MP
Was a part of Junior Achievement
Piano
Mar
Posted: October 15, 2010 8:51:53 PM

OhFlip wrote:
If you're even CONSIDERING going to Schulich next year, make sure you take data management and pay attention in it. if you don't, you're screwed. if you do, you're still screwed but just a little less.

Data Management is similar to what Math unit? Statistics/algebra/trigonometry unit?
OhFlip
Posted: October 15, 2010 8:56:26 PM

Mar wrote:
OhFlip wrote:

Data Management is similar to what Math unit? Statistics/algebra/trigonometry unit?

Data management refers to the gr 12 course in the same name. And it helps you with OMIS 1000 during your first semester, which is Statistics.
OhFlip
Posted: October 15, 2010 8:57:34 PM

br.ca wrote:
A friend started this blog about Schulich, and I'm trying to help her promote it. Check it out: http://shoelickkid.wordpress.com/

Thanks for posting this smile
mkhan_mvp
Posted: October 19, 2010 12:04:34 AM

haha, reading some kids' posts here makes me laugh so hard.

guys, once you graduate and get into your (dream) university, you will realize that SA Forums is a good and bad thing.

good because obviously you learn stuff.

bad because some naiive people can get influenced really easily by some random person's post here.

really, if you want to know stuff about Schulich - ask a CURRENT SCHULICH STUDENT. NOT a person applying aka a high school student.

i dont check student awards that often now but if you have any questions feel free to PM me and add me on facebook or something - will be glad to help you guys out.

good luck fellas!

Schulich School of Business
Bachelor of Business Administration
Class of 2014
tipsymcfragger
Posted: October 21, 2010 10:11:34 PM

mkhan_mvp wrote:
haha, reading some kids' posts here makes me laugh so hard.

guys, once you graduate and get into your (dream) university, you will realize that SA Forums is a good and bad thing.

good because obviously you learn stuff.

bad because some naiive people can get influenced really easily by some random person's post here.

really, if you want to know stuff about Schulich - ask a CURRENT SCHULICH STUDENT. NOT a person applying aka a high school student.

i dont check student awards that often now but if you have any questions feel free to PM me and add me on facebook or something - will be glad to help you guys out.

good luck fellas!

He's right there is a lot of stuff said about Schulich that isn't true so asking people actually in the program is 1000x better than just taking the advice of random grade 12's that come on here thinking they know everything.