We match you with mondy for school
join studentawards | the forum | membership benefits | surveys français? visitez boursetudes.com  
Welcome Guest to the Studentawards Forum Forum Home | Search | Active Topics | Forum Members | Forum Log In | Forum Register

Schulich BBA/iBBA 2011 Applicants Options
soccerstar6
Posted: September 25, 2010 2:03:05 PM

Groups: Member

PJC14 wrote:
Mar wrote:

I hate that English plays such a huge role in admission requirements. The only area of business where I might use literary terms is marketing and/or writing speeches.

LOOOOOOOOOL

+1

The ability to effectively articulate yourself is an invaluable asset to have in any field of business.
soccerstar6
Posted: September 25, 2010 2:20:14 PM

I've digged up some of the past year's supplementaries

2010: http://www.schulich.yorku.ca/SSB-Extra/school.nsf/Lookup/2010%20Supplementary%20Information%20Form/$file/2010%20Supplementary%20Information%20Form.pdf
-What inspires you to apply to the Schulich School of Business? How will the Schulich School of Business help you achieve your goals?

-From your own experience, please share three characteristics of a successful leader. In your life, which person has demonstrated these characteristics and made a significant impact on your life? Explain.

-Schulich students are represented from over 80 countries around the world. What area of the world is most intriguing to you and why?

-If you could change one thing in the world today, what would it be? Why?

2009: http://www.yorku.ca/web/futurestudents/pdf/suppapp/Schulich_2009_Supplementary_Information_Form.pdf
-Students admitted to the Schulich BBA/iBBA program have all been actively involved in extracurricular activities. Please list your greatest accomplishment (non-academic), and explain what you learned from this situation

-Situated in Toronto, the Schulich School of Business offers the opportunity for students to take advantage of a diverse learning environment. If admitted to the Schulich School
of Business, how will you enrich the experiences of those students and other members within the Schulich Community?

-What area of the world are you most curious about and why? How will a Schulich BBA/iBBA help you with finding out about the specific region of interest?

-If admitted to the Schulich BBA/iBBA program, where do you see yourself in ten years?

2008: http://www.schulich.yorku.ca/SSB-Extra/school.nsf/Lookup/2008%20Supplementary%20Form/$file/2008%20Supplementary%20Form.doc
-BBA/iBBA students at the Schulich School of Business will often find themselves working on group assignments and projects. In order to work well in a team, it is expected that Schulich students will possess basic leadership skills. What sorts of leadership qualities do you possess, and describe a situation where you were able to display your leadership. Were you successful? If so, describe what you did. If not, explain what you will do differently next time if confronted with a similar situation?

-Situated in Toronto, the Schulich School of Business offers the opportunity for students to take advantage of a diverse learning environment that includes professors, staff and students. If admitted to the Schulich School of Business, how will you enrich the experiences of the students and other members of the Schulich Community?

-Applicants to the Schulich School of Business must apply to only one program, either the BBA or iBBA. Both programs have many similarities, yet remain distinct from each other. More information can be found at the Schulich website at http://www.schulich.yorku.ca/ssb-extra/programs.nsf/docs/programs Please describe the program to which you have applied to. Discuss why you chose to pursue either the BBA or iBBA degree. Having reviewed the web site information, what benefits do you see either degree providing for your career? Your answer should demonstrate a clear understanding of both programs
PJC14
Posted: September 25, 2010 2:38:17 PM

an excerpt from 2009 supplementary form:

Should I be accepted into the Schulich School of Business, I will use all resources and acquired knowledge to meticulously investigate the proposed economic solutions of a host of mainstream and dissident ideologies, making sure to consult my classmates to ascertain possible flaws or suggestions that may buttress my findings. The BBA program seems to me the only eclectic approach to satiating an almost unsatisfiable urge to view the economy beyond the scope of a single, economic ideology. During class I will be an attentive student, an active participator, and intrepidly challenge different views with which I disagree as I see fit. As such, classmates will benefit by being introduced to new viewpoints, which may interest them in being more diligent in evaluating what one learns. Outside classes I will eagerly profess my willingness for solidarity to any student that wishes to join my troupe on the way to success; by helping and being helped do we both prosper socially and intellectually. Economics is a dismal science, and the onus is on the students to study substantive tendencies and the dispositions of human nature, on which we capitalize to shape a society better suited to said tendencies. I will encourage my peers to carry comprehensive views about the economy, such that we can, efficaciously through debate or other means, troubleshoot and propose original solutions, fittingly at a time of pervasive turmoil.
Singh
Posted: September 25, 2010 9:08:13 PM

soccerstar6 wrote:
PJC14 wrote:
Mar wrote:

I hate that English plays such a huge role in admission requirements. The only area of business where I might use literary terms is marketing and/or writing speeches.

LOOOOOOOOOL

+1

The ability to effectively articulate yourself is an invaluable asset to have in any field of business.

Yea but the high school course "English" is the biggest bullcrap ever, they dont teach u anything
soccerstar6
Posted: September 25, 2010 10:47:03 PM

Singh wrote:
soccerstar6 wrote:
PJC14 wrote:
Mar wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOL

+1

Yea but the high school course "English" is the biggest bullcrap ever, they dont teach u anything

I don't know about that..grade 12 English was one of the most interesting courses I ever took in highschool and I really felt like I learned something. Maybe the teacher you had with crappy..have you already taken English?
takavar
Posted: September 26, 2010 8:03:34 PM

Anyone know how much influence (the lack of) work experience has on the supplementary application process?

imsyed
Posted: September 27, 2010 9:51:56 AM

seems the questions come round and about to the same thing every year...

i could probably write an article and see where i stand scratch

From Cradle to the Grave!

Applied to :

1.Schulich School of business
2.Richard Ivey School of business / BMOS
3.Desautels Faculty of management
4.Rotman Business School

Singh
Posted: September 27, 2010 3:33:56 PM

So the guy at the uni fair tried to convince me that its 50% marks and 50% SAF for Schulich, i almost laughed lol
Alpha
Posted: September 27, 2010 3:43:31 PM

takavar wrote:
Anyone know how much influence (the lack of) work experience has on the supplementary application process?

Well it means you won't have work experience when someone else does. Aka, lack of initiative, "unproven" ability to work outside of academics.
soccerstar6
Posted: September 27, 2010 4:35:10 PM

Singh wrote:
So the guy at the uni fair tried to convince me that its 50% marks and 50% SAF for Schulich, i almost laughed lol

I'm pretty sure he would know more than you..

One of my distant uncles is a professor at Ryerson and he said that he heard that this year Schulich is going to be putting more emphasis on the supplementary.
Singh
Posted: September 27, 2010 6:58:05 PM

soccerstar6 wrote:
Singh wrote:

I'm pretty sure he would know more than you..

One of my distant uncles is a professor at Ryerson and he said that he heard that this year Schulich is going to be putting more emphasis on the supplementary.

LOL, thats the exact same thing they said last year and everyone was worried... but turns out they all got accepted if they completed the saf with 90+
amhsirak
Posted: September 27, 2010 6:59:18 PM

Before the uni fair, I was 100% sold on ibba at shoe-lick, but that ivey lady really knows how to sell hba, BUT wtf does hba actually stand for? An honours arts degree or an honours business admin degree? scratch Everyone seems to have a different idea...

Success Bound

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Schulich iBBA
Ivey AEO+BMOS
Queens Commerce
Laurier BBA
Ryerson Commerce

McGill Desautels? Perhaps...
PJC14
Posted: September 27, 2010 7:26:15 PM

amhsirak wrote:
Before the uni fair, I was 100% sold on ibba at shoe-lick, but that ivey lady really knows how to sell hba, BUT wtf does hba actually stand for? An honours arts degree or an honours business admin degree? scratch Everyone seems to have a different idea...

It's "Bachelor of Arts, Honours Business Administration." So yes, it's an arts degree, but in retrospect, top business schools world-wide do not offer BBA or BComm's but rather BS/BA in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, etc.
Singh
Posted: September 28, 2010 8:41:39 PM

PJC14
Posted: September 28, 2010 8:50:52 PM

Singh wrote:
http://media.schulich.yorku.ca/blog/2010/09/27/schulich-attracts-the-best-and-the-brightest/

you quote schulich website as a source of schulich's superiority. how naive are you? also, read: brampton, brown skin.
also, minimum of 90.5? that's a lie and they know it. someone whom i know in real life got an offer to iBBA with a 87 average. In fact, this year, Schulich couldn't even fill up the iBBA quota because people didn't accept Schulich's offer.

Pathetic.
Singh
Posted: September 28, 2010 9:59:07 PM

PJC14 wrote:
Singh wrote:
http://media.schulich.yorku.ca/blog/2010/09/27/schulich-attracts-the-best-and-the-brightest/

you quote schulich website as a source of schulich's superiority. how naive are you? also, read: brampton, brown skin.
also, minimum of 90.5? that's a lie and they know it. someone whom i know in real life got an offer to iBBA with a 87 average. In fact, this year, Schulich couldn't even fill up the iBBA quota because people didn't accept Schulich's offer.

Pathetic.

lol, read: get a life
PJC14
Posted: September 28, 2010 10:07:48 PM

Singh wrote:
PJC14 wrote:
Singh wrote:

Pathetic.

between classes, working out, and homework, i guarantee you that i outparty you by 10x.
also, since when did you jump on the read: bandwagon?
User_Name
Posted: September 28, 2010 11:06:51 PM

Are you immediately eliminated from getting in if you even have an 89 average ?

I have right under 90 but lots of EC's including planning and organizing events and etc.
Singh
Posted: September 29, 2010 9:04:10 AM

PJC14 wrote:
Singh wrote:
PJC14 wrote:
Singh wrote:

Pathetic.

between classes, working out, and homework, i guarantee you that i outparty you by 10x.

it was sarcasm because that's all u trolls do nowadays "read:...." , and if u do all of that stuff then how come u have time to bash schulich on these forums 24/7, i swear u wait online, refreshing ur page for something to come up and type something about schulich and talk smack...
PJC14
Posted: September 29, 2010 11:09:53 AM

Singh wrote:
PJC14 wrote:
Singh wrote:
PJC14 wrote:
Singh wrote:

Pathetic.

it was sarcasm because that's all u trolls do nowadays "read:...." , and if u do all of that stuff then how come u have time to bash schulich on these forums 24/7, i swear u wait online, refreshing ur page for something to come up and type something about schulich and talk smack...

you are ignorant if you have yet to recognize my genius.