We match you with mondy for school
join studentawards | the forum | membership benefits | surveys français? visitez boursetudes.com  
Welcome Guest to the Studentawards Forum Forum Home | Search | Active Topics | Forum Members | Forum Log In | Forum Register

Schulich BBA/iBBA 2011 Applicants Options
soccerstar6
Posted: September 22, 2010 7:01:12 PM

Groups: Member

Alpha
Posted: September 23, 2010 12:06:31 AM

ssssd1 wrote:
highschoolers ^^;

So far I have only seen 1 bell curve in my 1st year stats class, and it was bell curved up. (midterm avg was like 50s) They just make the test moderately difficult so the average ends up being around 70s.

If you are smart and have good time management you can get more than 100% in actg exams. Trust me, my friend did it.

If u are in say, western, you are compeiting vs 700 other students in your class, and most of them are idiots. Thus, prof hands out easy exams. On the other hand, all schulichers are 90%+ students and they have to make the tests are to ensure 70s class average.

Therefore, if you are smart and on the top of your work, you can get 8.0 GPA. PS there are a few idiots who took private schools to get into schulich.

They're not bell curving down their students because it would make their employment statistics even crap.tier.
Illuminar
Posted: September 23, 2010 1:16:55 AM

Quote:
While learning languages is not everyone’s forte, I have yet to meet a BBA student who relished courses like Business History or Ethics, which my Spanish class conveniently allows me to avoid. As for exchange, being “forced” to go to a foreign country for half a semester and take a pass-or-fail-based course load doesn’t sound too harsh to me either.

Open your Schulich view books (if you still have them, that is), and compare the full, rigid and complicated BBA curriculum to that of the iBBAs. We get the same degree from the same recognized business school, but with less mandatory courses, no Applied Macroeconomics, and the list goes on and on.

Wow. That reflects so poorly on that student.

Penn 13
imsyed
Posted: September 23, 2010 7:26:19 AM

aaah.. is it me or has the iBBA student made himself look quite inferior to the BBA students.
I wonder how he got in (his essays) scratch

From Cradle to the Grave!

Applied to :

1.Schulich School of business
2.Richard Ivey School of business / BMOS
3.Desautels Faculty of management
4.Rotman Business School

mysteriousangel
Posted: September 23, 2010 8:56:30 PM

hey guys

I was just wondering if schulich will help you get a job in the finance sector, is it known for that? also since there is no coop i need to know the likelihood that a uni grad has to get a job in the investmnent banking/money management industry.

If anyone can pull out the statistic of the % of schulich grads getting jobs after they graduate that would be very helpful!

plz and thankyoucheese
soccerstar6
Posted: September 23, 2010 9:18:52 PM

mysteriousangel wrote:
hey guys

I was just wondering if schulich will help you get a job in the finance sector, is it known for that? also since there is no coop i need to know the likelihood that a uni grad has to get a job in the investmnent banking/money management industry.

If anyone can pull out the statistic of the % of schulich grads getting jobs after they graduate that would be very helpful!

plz and thankyoucheese

http://www.schulich.yorku.ca/SSB-Extra/careers.nsf/6f5caec5baf94cdb85256aff00712ad2/ea7bc77992c7a731852576f2006c5475/$FILE/2009%20BBA%20Employment%20Survey.pdf

Here at last year's Salary Report for undergrad. 8% of graduates go into investment banking and 16% into finance.
Vertex
Posted: September 23, 2010 9:19:23 PM

mysteriousangel wrote:
hey guys

I was just wondering if schulich will help you get a job in the finance sector, is it known for that?

What sort of careers within Finance are you referring to? Schulich is known for its awesome back office placements.

QUEEN'S B.Sc. MATHEMATICS & ECONOMICS 2014
QUEEN'S COMMERCE 2014

mysteriousangel
Posted: September 23, 2010 10:11:47 PM

im talking about investment banking/ money management and thankyou for the previous post i will definetly check that out...
PJC14
Posted: September 23, 2010 10:14:09 PM

mysteriousangel wrote:
im talking about investment banking/ money management and thankyou for the previous post i will definetly check that out...

do you even know what investment banking is? rofl. i really do enjoy the comic relief.
mysteriousangel
Posted: September 23, 2010 11:02:39 PM

your quote was funny in a sense but you should never undermine someone's potential or intellectual inability. Thats downright wrong and only displays your inferioroty which you did definetly display quite nicely.

So thankyou for making yourself look like the fool without any of my input, you really do take a load off my handscheers
PJC14
Posted: September 23, 2010 11:12:43 PM

mysteriousangel wrote:
your quote was funny in a sense but you should never undermine someone's potential or intellectual inability. Thats downright wrong and only displays your inferioroty which you did definetly display quite nicely.

So thankyou for making yourself look like the fool without any of my input, you really do take a load off my handscheers

money management rofl are you still talking?
Vertex
Posted: September 24, 2010 12:02:20 AM

mysteriousangel wrote:

Please, STFU and GTFO.

QUEEN'S COMMERCE 2014

Singh
Posted: September 24, 2010 7:56:40 AM

mysteriousangel wrote:

lol, dont worry. These trolls are all the same person with multiple accounts. just ignore them and they go away
amhsirak
Posted: September 24, 2010 7:57:03 PM

Singh wrote:
mysteriousangel wrote:

lol, dont worry. These trolls are all the same person with multiple accounts. just ignore them and they go away

+1

Success Bound

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Schulich iBBA
Ivey AEO+BMOS
Queens Commerce
Laurier BBA
Ryerson Commerce

McGill Desautels? Perhaps...
Alpha
Posted: September 24, 2010 9:10:12 PM

They ain't going away lol.
Alpha
Posted: September 25, 2010 12:20:14 AM

I'm not PCJ obviously...
Vertex
Posted: September 25, 2010 12:44:18 AM

Every baller wannabe knows its PJC, not PCJ. This incident has devastated urdataman's credibility.

QUEEN'S COMMERCE 2014

urdataman
Posted: September 25, 2010 9:48:16 AM

Vertex wrote:
Every baller wannabe knows its PJC, not PCJ. This incident has devastated urdataman's credibility.

I was not talking about PJC, I was talking about P C J, from an earlier incident on this forum. You are the unaware one.
Mar
Posted: September 25, 2010 10:36:55 AM

- I'm thinking about applying to iBBA cause I might go back to Europe and work there
- Ivey's HBA is very expensive and I don't like their 2+2 system. However, its a great program.
Queens has one of the best business programs in the Canada and in the world. So far I love every aspect in that university.
- worrying about my English 12 mark or I'll have to write TOEFL. I hate Provincial Exam system in B.C. I hate that English plays such a huge role in admission requirements. The only area of business where I might use literary terms is marketing and/or writing speeches.

No idea what questions are on supplementary I haven't done much research on Schulich yet.
PJC14
Posted: September 25, 2010 10:46:26 AM

Mar wrote:

I hate that English plays such a huge role in admission requirements. The only area of business where I might use literary terms is marketing and/or writing speeches.

LOOOOOOOOOL