We match you with mondy for school
join studentawards | the forum | membership benefits | surveys français? visitez boursetudes.com  
Welcome Guest to the Studentawards Forum Forum Home | Search | Active Topics | Forum Members | Forum Log In | Forum Register

Schulich BBA/iBBA 2011 Applicants Options
amhsirak
Posted: September 13, 2010 9:41:34 PM

Groups: Member

Soccerstar6, are you taking any 12U language courses?

Success Bound

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Schulich iBBA
Ivey AEO+BMOS
Queens Commerce
Laurier BBA
Ryerson Commerce

McGill Desautels? Perhaps...
soccerstar6
Posted: September 13, 2010 9:52:49 PM

amhsirak wrote:
Soccerstar6, are you taking any 12U language courses?

Looking back at high school, my biggest regret is not continuing a language course throughout.

So no, I am not taking any language courses but no previous language knowledge is required for the iBBA. Anyways, I don't want to learn French. Maybe Portuguese or Spanish.

How about you?

And do you have any international experience? Like working or volunteering anywhere abroad? I worked at a law firm in Africa this summer but I don't know if everyone applying to the iBBA has that much international experience or not...
amhsirak
Posted: September 13, 2010 10:01:31 PM

Sounds very interesting; unfortunately, I don't have the benefit of saying that I've volunteered in Africa at a law firm, but I've taken French in 9, 10, 11, and tutored it throughout high school as well.

Success Bound

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Schulich iBBA
Ivey AEO+BMOS
Queens Commerce
Laurier BBA
Ryerson Commerce

McGill Desautels? Perhaps...
Alpha
Posted: September 14, 2010 11:18:42 AM

I've talked to some people I know that finished first year at Schulich...and they are not impressed at all.
Alpha
Posted: September 14, 2010 4:30:10 PM

2014 actually, since co-op does not allow me to gain 10 credits before the application deadline. But meh, I graduate 1 year late but I come into Ivey (and the real world thereafter) with actual, valuable work experience.
NoToRiouS-D.I.P.
Posted: September 14, 2010 8:39:12 PM

yea i wanna apply to schulich bba... also applying to queens commerce
soz like, whats the supplementary form like? i'm kinda worried about that, i can probably pull off marks, except for mebbe math cuz my school has the worst evaluation system... im also worried about the quality of my ECs. wat do you think?
-seasonal costco job
-volunteer at construction of a temple in toronto
-volunteering at canada day events
-tutoring elementary children
-treasurer student council
-treasurer deca club
-founder and pres of amnesty international (hopefully)
-improv team
EC
Posted: September 14, 2010 9:29:00 PM

Quick question: Does the reference letter have to directly (or somewhere along the lines of) say "I encourage (insert name here) to go into schulich school of business" or can it be just a letter that says good stuff about you. Cuz earlier this year, I got a reference letter from a co-op job and I don't know if I should use that as one of my reference letters.

Applying to:
AFM-PA
Queen's Commerce
Laurier BBA
Others

Singh
Posted: September 15, 2010 3:27:40 PM

Dam man, the creators of the thread should be aloud to ban ppl from posting in the thread or delete comments. Dam trolls...
imsyed
Posted: September 15, 2010 5:06:23 PM

Is it me or are PCJ14 and god the same person!??

From Cradle to the Grave!

Applied to :

1.Schulich School of business
2.Richard Ivey School of business / BMOS
3.Desautels Faculty of management
4.Rotman Business School

soccerstar6
Posted: September 15, 2010 5:48:00 PM

Singh wrote:
Dam man, the creators of the thread should be aloud to ban ppl from posting in the thread or delete comments. Dam trolls...

+1
BowieSwindle
Posted: September 15, 2010 8:17:26 PM

I'm a 2014 student currently going to schulich. I remember how often I used to check the SA forums, so I thought I'd return the favour and answer some of your questions. Feel free to ask anything.
EC
Posted: September 15, 2010 8:25:18 PM

BowieSwindle wrote:
I'm a 2014 student currently going to schulich. I remember how often I used to check the SA forums, so I thought I'd return the favour and answer some of your questions. Feel free to ask anything.

what were your entrance average and EC's?

Applying to:
AFM-PA
Queen's Commerce
Laurier BBA
Others

BowieSwindle
Posted: September 15, 2010 8:45:38 PM

EC wrote:

what were your entrance average and EC's?

I got accepted with somewhere around a 91-92 which went up to a 95.5 at finals. I don't remember all of my ECs, but they included
president of chess and computer club (BS positions lol)
executive member of deca, earth charter, and world issues (more bs)
member of yearbook club, debate club
medalist in different wrestling tournaments
2 years working experience
volunteer as a peer tutor

there was more but those are the ones I recall off by heart. Keep in mind this was enough for queens, ivey, laurier, and rotman too big grin
Singh
Posted: September 15, 2010 9:34:28 PM

BowieSwindle wrote:

Hi, so u guys had ur frosh week right.. How was it? Better or worse then u thought... Also, hows is the atmosphere there, all stuck up nerds or "normal ppl" lol
BowieSwindle
Posted: September 15, 2010 9:47:27 PM

Singh wrote:
BowieSwindle wrote:

Hi, so u guys had ur frosh week right.. How was it? Better or worse then u thought... Also, hows is the atmosphere there, all stuck up nerds or "normal ppl" lol

From what I've seen, 80% of the people I've talked to are normal people (some I would never even guess that they went to schulich - piercings and such), but that could just be because I've only hung around the decent people and the nerds are hiding when they're not in class xD Obviously some people have a more "nerdy" personality but truthfully I've seen very little of that, most of the people I've met are very chills.

There's definitely no snobby attitude from what I've seen again, although it comes out a bit when we're talking to or about other colleges and programs, but it's all in fun. I haven't seen someone seriously insult someone else because they go to york and not schulich.

Frosh overall was about what I expected-random activities to get you to know eachother in the day, party time at night. Schulich frosh is only 3 days, but the one party they had I thought was better than all the other ones that different colleges threw. Schulich's party actually had room to move and dance, good food, and very good music, and a lot of energy. The day events are kinda stupid, but they did make you get to know eachother so it was all good.

This may be just because it's the first week of school and everyone is still superfriendly, but so far everyone is really nice and helpful to eachother. I'm pretty sure that will die down after september though, but from the environment at schulich that I've seen, everyone seems really friendly with eachother.
Singh
Posted: September 15, 2010 10:09:23 PM

BowieSwindle wrote:
Singh wrote:
BowieSwindle wrote:

From what I've seen, 80% of the people I've talked to are normal people (some I would never even guess that they went to schulich - piercings and such), but that could just be because I've only hung around the decent people and the nerds are hiding when they're not in class xD Obviously some people have a more "nerdy" personality but truthfully I've seen very little of that, most of the people I've met are very chills.

There's definitely no snobby attitude from what I've seen again, although it comes out a bit when we're talking to or about other colleges and programs, but it's all in fun. I haven't seen someone seriously insult someone else because they go to york and not schulich.

Frosh overall was about what I expected-random activities to get you to know eachother in the day, party time at night. Schulich frosh is only 3 days, but the one party they had I thought was better than all the other ones that different colleges threw. Schulich's party actually had room to move and dance, good food, and very good music, and a lot of energy. The day events are kinda stupid, but they did make you get to know eachother so it was all good.

This may be just because it's the first week of school and everyone is still superfriendly, but so far everyone is really nice and helpful to eachother. I'm pretty sure that will die down after september though, but from the environment at schulich that I've seen, everyone seems really friendly with eachother.

Thats good to know, thanks a lot smile
Vertex
Posted: September 16, 2010 2:44:02 PM

expected.

QUEEN'S B.Sc. MATHEMATICS & ECONOMICS 2014
QUEEN'S COMMERCE 2014

tipsymcfragger
Posted: September 16, 2010 8:25:38 PM

BowieSwindle wrote:

ya im a 2014 aswell anyone can feel free to ask my questions
Singh
Posted: September 16, 2010 8:28:46 PM

tipsymcfragger wrote:
BowieSwindle wrote:

I have the same question as before big grin, how is the atmosphere at Schulich... and what average did u get in with, thanks
Vertex
Posted: September 16, 2010 8:34:47 PM

Singh wrote:
tipsymcfragger wrote:
BowieSwindle wrote:

I have the same question as before big grin, how is the atmosphere at Schulich... and what average did u get in with, thanks

The atmosphere at Schulich? Its filled with the stench of curry.

QUEEN'S B.Sc. MATHEMATICS & ECONOMICS 2014
QUEEN'S COMMERCE 2014