We match you with mondy for school
join studentawards | the forum | membership benefits | surveys français? visitez boursetudes.com  
Welcome Guest to the Studentawards Forum Forum Home | Search | Active Topics | Forum Members | Forum Log In | Forum Register

Schulich BBA/iBBA 2011 Applicants Options
hybridfx2
Posted: September 9, 2010 9:28:23 AM

Groups: Member

It has begun again!

WLU/UW Double Degree BBA + BMath 2015
imsyed
Posted: September 9, 2010 11:33:42 AM

soccerstar6 wrote:
Why would get you start getting reference letters now? The forms are due in February. A lot can happen between now and then - maybe you find an even better reference or you have a falling out with someone who you were originally gonna use as a reference etc..

I changed schools last year.. I thought I would get one or 2 from the school i did my Olevels from..

Also there is this institution i have been dedicated to for nearly a decade now.. i now volunteer there.. i am thinking of getting a letter from them aswell..
What do u say ?

From Cradle to the Grave!

Applied to :

1.Schulich School of business
2.Richard Ivey School of business / BMOS
3.Desautels Faculty of management
4.Rotman Business School

PceMan
Posted: September 9, 2010 11:43:55 AM

MapleLeafsFan16 wrote:
Queen's commerce frosh is awesome so far.....i'm exhausted after a day and a half. Its worth coming for the best week of your life.

Oh and its the premier undergraduate business school...only 7% of applicants are accepted....best of luck to the class of 2015!

I can attest to this! QUEEN'S COMMERCE FROSH WEEK WILL BE THE BEST WEEK OF YOUR LIFE!!! If you got the money/your parents will let u leave home, dont even consider anything else than queen's. It's the best.

Queen's University
Bachelor of Commerce
Class of 2014
imsyed
Posted: September 9, 2010 3:46:30 PM

I hear that engineers are the ones who DONT have the fun at uni.. scratch

Applied to :

4.Rotman Business School

soccerstar6
Posted: September 10, 2010 2:17:02 PM

imsyed wrote:
I hear that engineers are the ones who DONT have the fun at uni.. scratch

LOL
travisb
Posted: September 12, 2010 3:37:30 PM

Queen's is the best, I rejected Schulich instantly once I got accepted into Queen's.
If you want an actual university experience, at a university with great school spirit and an amazing program, go to Queen's.
If you want a bunch of anti-social over-competitive unenthusiastic students go to Schulich

Queen's Commerce 2014!

soccerstar6
Posted: September 12, 2010 4:35:59 PM

travisb wrote:
Queen's is the best, I rejected Schulich instantly once I got accepted into Queen's.
If you want an actual university experience, at a university with great school spirit and an amazing program, go to Queen's.
If you want a bunch of anti-social over-competitive unenthusiastic students go to Schulich

How would you know? You've been at Queen's for a week and you can make such a strong statement? I think you're over reactinng a bit too much. They are both top schools in my opinion.
imsyed
Posted: September 12, 2010 4:39:54 PM

soccerstar6 wrote:
travisb wrote:

How would you know? You've been at Queen's for a week and you can make such a strong statement? I think you're over reactinng a bit too much. They are both top schools in my opinion.

You should have ignored him razz

Applied to :

4.Rotman Business School

soccerstar6
Posted: September 12, 2010 4:41:37 PM

imsyed wrote:
soccerstar6 wrote:
travisb wrote:

LOL yeah..but after a while they really get annoying..
imsyed
Posted: September 12, 2010 4:42:16 PM

soccerstar6 wrote:
imsyed wrote:
soccerstar6 wrote:
travisb wrote:

LOL yeah..but after a while they really get annoying..

Its now that he will get really annoying..

Applied to :

4.Rotman Business School

Singh
Posted: September 12, 2010 5:33:52 PM

Man u guys are applying to soo many programs... im only applying to 3...
Rated-R
Posted: September 12, 2010 6:26:47 PM

travisb wrote:

You need to stop asking ure anti-social friends for opinions about Schulich, i just went through my first week at schulich (including frosh) and its awesome. Believe me, i didnt have high expectations either but i was soo wrong.

Schulich BBA
Class of 2014
julie_kim
Posted: September 12, 2010 8:54:43 PM

I have one question about reference letters!!!!
For Schulich, am I supposed to get two letters from school teachers or EC supervisors?
soccerstar6
Posted: September 12, 2010 9:34:08 PM

julie_kim wrote:
For Schulich, am I supposed to get two letters from school teachers or EC supervisors?

You can get them from either.
Singh
Posted: September 12, 2010 9:34:38 PM

julie_kim wrote:

Either is ok or you can also have 1 from both.
Rated-R
Posted: September 13, 2010 12:47:32 AM

Just to add on to my previous comment, i am not here to make a case about either program being better than the other, its the bs excuses tht ppl give to diss schulich are borderline ridiculous.

Schulich BBA
Class of 2014
imsyed
Posted: September 13, 2010 6:50:28 AM

Singh wrote:
Man u guys are applying to soo many programs... im only applying to 3...

That is more than enough i guess... I might end up applying to three aswell.

Applied to :

4.Rotman Business School

soccerstar6
Posted: September 13, 2010 4:45:30 PM

Wow..everyone here trying to discredit Schulich is simply out of their mind.

To try and put this in perspective..

I am a Chelsea FC fan. I am constantly lamenting about how sh.it Barcelona is and how much I hate Barcelona and I overly emphasize the one or two stats that agree with the notion that Barcelona is crap. However, deep down and in the grand scheme of things..I know that Barcelona is actually a really, really good team because the best players want to go there and Barcelona is widely known as one of the best teams in Europe. As well, a lot of players who have played for Barcelona have really enjoyed their experience and have gone on to bigger and better things.

Now substitute "Chelsea FC" for "Queens" and "Barcelona" for "Schulich".

Queen's is still a great school...but so is Schulich and the only reason, in my opinion, you guys are fervently trying to discredit Schulich is because you know Schulich is on par with Queens and Ivey and you naturally want to feel secure about your decision to choose Queens.

You guys are focusing too much on little details..look at the big picture and take things into perspective.

Btw..this is a thread for SCHULICH APPLICANTS and people offering help to SCHULICH APPLICANTS. If you guys don't want to be constructive or helpful to any of us applying..then go jack off to Queen's or something...idk...just not here.
amhsirak
Posted: September 13, 2010 9:07:56 PM

I've been waiting for this years thread! SCHULICH iBBA!!!! cheers

Success Bound

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Schulich iBBA
Ivey AEO+BMOS
Queens Commerce
Laurier BBA
Ryerson Commerce

McGill Desautels? Perhaps...
soccerstar6
Posted: September 13, 2010 9:21:58 PM

amhsirak wrote:
I've been waiting for this years thread! SCHULICH iBBA!!!! cheers

Finally! Someone else is applying to the iBBA too! cheers