We match you with mondy for school
join studentawards | the forum | membership benefits | surveys français? visitez boursetudes.com  
Welcome Guest to the Studentawards Forum Forum Home | Search | Active Topics | Forum Members | Forum Log In | Forum Register

UBC Engineering Physics (Mechatronics Science) VS. Waterloo Mechatronics Co-Op Options
Asai
Posted: May 4, 2010 4:48:48 PM

Groups: Member

The title says it all. What are your thoughts?

apparently Engineering physics at UBC is really close to UT's engineering Science.

I dont know if this should be my main priority, but I wanna see which degree will help me repay my loan faster. this is why the scale is tipped towards UW atm.

But anyway,

Fire away

Software Engineering 15'

IB Veteran
Frostz
Posted: May 4, 2010 5:36:29 PM

How many times are you going to post these VS. threads for mechatronics. If you can't decide sit down and do this. First realize that both of these universities will give you an excellent education. Second, do you want to live in a big city or small city. Third do you want summers off to explore other interests or do you want to do that through a Co-Op program. Fourth, do you want to continue studying more theory or get down and start applying your knowledge.

University of Waterloo
Mechatronics Engineering 2015
Asai
Posted: May 4, 2010 6:19:45 PM

First of all, This is my first vs. post

Second, I don't know what kind of beef you have with me, but if you don't have any useful comments you don't need to reply.

This is a forum, and this is where students who need help deciding get a third opinion.

Don't expect to meet a lot of friends with that kind of attitude mister. smile

Software Engineering 15'

IB Veteran
Frostz
Posted: May 4, 2010 7:04:35 PM

First I have no "beef" with you. Second I gave you constructive advice on how to make a decision because obviously you are making this post because you want input on the programs but really you don't need input, you need a realization of your own needs and wants. I put it in steps for you on how to decide. If that isn't constructive then please define you definition of constructive. Second you posted a Mechatronics thread before http://forums.studentawards.com/yaf_postst24396_Mechatronics-at-University-of-Waterloo-15.aspx and what I meant to type was stop creating multiple threads related to Mechatronics because there is so many of them and comparing Mechatronics to Engineering science/physics is like comparing Chemistry to Physics. They are different. Its straight fact my friend, not attitude. I think I have more experience on this forum (ex 121 vs 20 posts) smile

University of Waterloo
Mechatronics Engineering 2015
naeem92
Posted: May 4, 2010 8:38:21 PM

Frostz gave you very constructive advice, I don't understand your qualms with him.

I explored the EngPhys program as an applicant, and I can assure you it is not like EngSci, as far as courses are concerned. It is much more similar to Engineering Physics at Queens University. EngSci has a broader and more in-depth course range, whereas EngPhys focuses almost entirely on practical and theoretical Physics, with a touch of Engineering (to adhere to the Engineering board of accreditation).

To give you a bit of perspective, my high school Physics teacher graduated from that program.

Engineering Science 2014 (1T4)
Asai
Posted: May 4, 2010 11:53:12 PM

Yeah, I had a different vibe when I first read Frostz's response, thanks for pointing that out guys

naeem92 wrote:
To give you a bit of perspective, my high school Physics teacher graduated from that program.

Sheeeeeiit, for real? from UBC?

I dont know, I just heard that it is "the most academically challenging program" in the university. I have checked their group on facebook, and a great proportion of the members seem to be very well rounded and involved individuals... Ill have to check during the Alumni party in two weeks

guess its EECE for me then =/ ~~

Software Engineering 15'

IB Veteran