We match you with mondy for school
join studentawards | the forum | membership benefits | surveys français? visitez boursetudes.com  
Welcome Guest to the Studentawards Forum Forum Home | Search | Active Topics | Forum Members | Forum Log In | Forum Register

What is the difference between Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Applied Science? Options
shayan_4537
Posted: November 18, 2009 10:37:43 AM
Groups: Member

What is the difference between Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Applied Science?
I see some universities like York offering Bachelor of Science and universities like Guelph-Humber offering Bachelor of applied Science. If there is a difference... which is better to get?
kraken.
Posted: November 18, 2009 2:08:23 PM

'applied science' is for engineering. I think.

UTSG Trinity College 1Tsomething

dear mods: please don't delete this forum yet! it would make me so depressed! it gives me a happy nostalgic feeling smile
at least archive it or something instead of destroying it like you did with the OLD old forum!
hisse
Posted: November 18, 2009 9:23:39 PM

depends on the program, some places offer it like was said for engineering but most often it seems to be applied, especially in the case of guelph-humber from what i can tell to be a designation separation quite literally the more applied sciences like nutrition and kinesiology depending on the focus of the program. Neither is really better than the other because they both train you in a specific domain it just depends on the specific domain and school you wish to pursue.

Applied - Accepted - Registered
Guelph - Nanoscience, Guelph - Arts and Science, Carleton - Nanoscience, Ottawa - Chemistry co-op, Brock - Chemistry co-op
PotassiumGuy
Posted: November 28, 2009 7:59:19 PM

Bachelor of Science (BSc.) is a degree awarded for completing anything to do with the sciences
Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc.) is more tricky: in Canada it's the equivalent of the US's BEng. (i.e. it is an engineering degree)

Hope this clears it up smile