We match you with mondy for school
join studentawards | the forum | membership benefits | surveys français? visitez boursetudes.com  
Welcome Guest to the Studentawards Forum Forum Home | Search | Active Topics | Forum Members | Forum Log In | Forum Register

When will I receive my OSAP? (submitted documents on August 28) Options
ramo13
Posted: September 9, 2009 3:10:58 PM
Groups: Member

Hey everyone,

So I had to fight and petition my way back to school this year, that's why I had a delay with my OSAP. I know I could have applied anyway in June, but i never got too and was accepting the reality that I would have had to withdraw from school for a year so I didn't bother ( big mistake i know). Anyway, I applied for OSAP on August 24. By August 26 i passed through the checks they do, and was told that I would have to submit signature and declaration pages for myself and my mother, along with a letter that had to be approved because I was put on OSAP probation. I wrote the letter, signed the pages, my mother signed her page, and I printed the summary page and submitted all the documents at my school ( York U) on August 28. It's the first day of school today and i checked my OSAP and nothing's changed! It still says I have to submit all 3 documents. Come this Friday it's been exactly 2 weeks since I handed everything in. Is this normal? And when i can i expect for them to update my OSAP and at least begin the process of calculating my funds.

Secondly, as for my probation letter and being placed on probation. I felt it was an error because I met ministry guidelines by passing 60% of my courses. I was at an 80% courseload and failed ONE class that served as an elective. The other 6 classes were for my major ( Psychology ) and I had a 5.33 GPA in them including my first A and B+. I noted all these things in my letter, explained that i felt it was an error, but if justified i went on to talk about the progress i have made, how i'm not satified with my GPA, and also outlined my academic goals with my desire to graduate by fall 2010. I'm only 30 credits away..Also, I noted that i did not do well in that 1 course I failed because it was the ONLY yearlong course I took, was impacted by the strike ( which impacted me financially). I was just really overwhelmed with my financial situation and the condensed lecture/exam schedule when I returned to school in January to finish the fall semester in February.

If anybody could give me an idea as to WHEN OSAP will update my file, a time frame for when i'm likely to receive funds, and the likelyhood of my letter being approved I would really appreciate it.
ramo13
Posted: September 14, 2009 8:09:49 PM

Anybody? :S Still no update, status is the same
ARMY101
Posted: September 15, 2009 1:36:31 PM

It takes months after submitting your documents. Maybe October/November if you only just applied at the end of August.

Carleton University
Bachelor of Arts in Law
fahadtariq
Posted: September 15, 2009 5:24:01 PM

It only took a couple of weeks after i submitted my documents in early august. o.O
ramo13
Posted: September 15, 2009 10:12:31 PM

ARMY101 wrote:
It takes months after submitting your documents. Maybe October/November if you only just applied at the end of August.

It takes MONTHS to update my OSAP that they received the documents? lol ok. And more like 6-8 weeks to receive the money at school so mid/late Octoberish. I'm just curious as to why my documents still need to be submitted after almost 3 weeks. Sure i'm panicking for no reason, but i wanted to ask regardless.
ARMY101
Posted: September 15, 2009 11:28:28 PM

ramo13 wrote:
ARMY101 wrote:

It takes MONTHS to update my OSAP that they received the documents? lol ok. And more like 6-8 weeks to receive the money at school so mid/late Octoberish. I'm just curious as to why my documents still need to be submitted after almost 3 weeks. Sure i'm panicking for no reason, but i wanted to ask regardless.

Yes, months. Hence why Carleton students were supposed to apply by mid-June if they wanted their money by September. But if you just want to go on discrediting my advice and simply believe what you want, go ahead.

Carleton University
Bachelor of Arts in Law