We match you with mondy for school
join studentawards | the forum | membership benefits | surveys français? visitez boursetudes.com  
Welcome Guest to the Studentawards Forum Forum Home | Search | Active Topics | Forum Members | Forum Log In | Forum Register

Call OSAP??? Options
smileflowergirl
Posted: July 22, 2009 11:00:08 AM
Groups: Member

anyone knows who should i call if i have questions as to why my osap is soo low ( i have no other source of income, and unable to pay tuition fee ><)
the school?? or the National Student Loans Service Centre?? i have searched on the osap site... but im unsure..
can someone plz reply.. i really need to talk to them about it to negotiate my osap funds.
thanks~
LaVitaeBella
Posted: July 22, 2009 11:32:21 AM

smileflowergirl wrote:
anyone knows who should i call if i have questions as to why my osap is soo low ( i have no other source of income, and unable to pay tuition fee ><)
the school?? or the National Student Loans Service Centre?? i have searched on the osap site... but im unsure..
can someone plz reply.. i really need to talk to them about it to negotiate my osap funds.
thanks~

if your school is in Ontario, you need to contact their financial assistance and loans extension, since the main OSAP office only deals with out of province students.

the osap amount you've received may have been low because your parents make too much?

good luck
ARMY101
Posted: July 22, 2009 11:40:33 AM

You don't have any savings?

Carleton University
Bachelor of Arts in Law
GGG
Posted: July 22, 2009 11:47:53 AM

Well, if you're really desperate, you can get a job. Also you can get student line of credit from your bank too.(upto 10k/yr but have to pay interest)
smileflowergirl
Posted: July 23, 2009 1:42:26 AM

ARMY101 wrote:

have already used my saving on my 1st yr university....
my tuition fee is around 12k per year......
smileflowergirl
Posted: July 23, 2009 1:43:55 AM

LaVitaeBella wrote:
smileflowergirl wrote:
thanks~

if your school is in Ontario, you need to contact their financial assistance and loans extension, since the main OSAP office only deals with out of province students.

the osap amount you've received may have been low because your parents make too much?

good luck

no.. both of my parents are unemployed... and thx~ i will contact my school's fiancial aid office to see what can i do about it..
LaVitaeBella
Posted: July 23, 2009 2:05:06 AM

smileflowergirl wrote:
LaVitaeBella wrote:
smileflowergirl wrote:
thanks~

good luck

no.. both of my parents are unemployed... and thx~ i will contact my school's fiancial aid office to see what can i do about it..

oh, ok that's odd then. if your parents' net income is 0$ and you have no other savings, scholarships, bursaries, investments, or RESPs, then you should be getting the full amount (12,000$). are you going to university in the same city you're living in?
lipbalm
Posted: July 23, 2009 8:21:07 PM

smileflowergirl wrote:
ARMY101 wrote:

12k per year.. do you happen to be a UWaterloo student?
i'm having the same problem, 12K tuition, savings used up for 1st year... and my OSAP loan is $3000... FALL TERM ONLY (tuition + rent) is $11,588.72!
i really don't want to worry my parents because they're not in the best financial standing right now with the recession.

i don't know what to do =(

do we contact our school's financial office or OSAP? i can't seem to find anything on "challenging OSAP's decision" nor a phone# on their web page.
smileflowergirl
Posted: July 24, 2009 9:42:43 PM

we r having the same osap issue... =(
nope, im a UT student..

well. .im not very sure either.. but i think the best way it to make an appointment with financial aid office.
i have already booked an appt on aug 10, so.. lets wait and see...

lipbalm wrote:
smileflowergirl wrote:
ARMY101 wrote:

12k per year.. do you happen to be a UWaterloo student?
i'm having the same problem, 12K tuition, savings used up for 1st year... and my OSAP loan is $3000... FALL TERM ONLY (tuition + rent) is $11,588.72!
i really don't want to worry my parents because they're not in the best financial standing right now with the recession.

i don't know what to do =(

do we contact our school's financial office or OSAP? i can't seem to find anything on "challenging OSAP's decision" nor a phone# on their web page.
Dreamer of Destiny
Posted: July 27, 2009 1:27:14 AM

You're a UofT student? Are you downtown (St. George campus)? If so, how did you get an appointment with the financial aid office?