We match you with mondy for school
join studentawards | the forum | membership benefits | surveys français? visitez boursetudes.com  
Welcome Guest to the Studentawards Forum Forum Home | Search | Active Topics | Forum Members | Forum Log In | Forum Register

McGill Architecture Undergrad Waiting List Options
marblewonder
Posted: May 13, 2009 10:50:47 PM
Groups: Member

Hey all. I applied to McGill's B Sc Architecture program and at the beginning of this month I got a letter from them saying that I had not been accepted but rather put on their waiting list. What they said on the letter was this:

"We have, however, placed your name on a waiting list for consideration in the event that a place is available later in the summer."

Their mention of a place being available later in the summer got me to thinking that since I have to respond to acceptances by the end of this month (for Waterloo at least, as that's where I would be going), if by some lucky stroke a spot opened up at McGill in the summer, what would/could I do if I wanted to go there instead?

Thanks all.
amaritudo
Posted: May 23, 2009 9:55:51 PM

Yeah I'm on the waiting list too...
It's probably best to accept now. I've heard that openings go all the way until late August, and probably no more than 10 openings. (If you got Waterloo arch though, I'm assuming this, you should probably take that instead)
micheal911
Posted: May 23, 2009 10:38:09 PM

marblewonder wrote:
Hey all. I applied to McGill's B Sc Architecture program and at the beginning of this month I got a letter from them saying that I had not been accepted but rather put on their waiting list. What they said on the letter was this:

"We have, however, placed your name on a waiting list for consideration in the event that a place is available later in the summer."

Their mention of a place being available later in the summer got me to thinking that since I have to respond to acceptances by the end of this month (for Waterloo at least, as that's where I would be going), if by some lucky stroke a spot opened up at McGill in the summer, what would/could I do if I wanted to go there instead?

Thanks all.

I think you can accept any university, but if you change it in summer you will lose your downpayment or something of the sort
xinni
Posted: August 13, 2009 11:27:08 AM

heya is it very hard to get a place in the architecture programme (McGill)? generally how many places do they offer for international students? Can somebody tell me more bout this?

Thank you
CC17
Posted: August 15, 2009 2:23:50 PM

xinni wrote:
heya is it very hard to get a place in the architecture programme (McGill)? generally how many places do they offer for international students? Can somebody tell me more bout this?

Thank you

You totally just stole her post. Create your own so that people can concentrate on what the creator of this post has inquired about, not what you have suddenly brought up.

Anyway, my best advice would be to accept your offer at Waterloo. You can always cancel.. they aren't going to knock on your door and drag you to their school. Maybe just make any payments to Waterloo as late as possible? (And by as late as possible I mean before deadlines, just maybe on the last day)

Queen's Commerce '13
Juiced8
Posted: August 16, 2009 3:12:30 PM

architecture is really hard to get into, its just numbers there aren't that many spots.

Mcgill BSc 2011
tommyvo09
Posted: September 3, 2009 10:59:06 PM

what a great info, thanks.
Thanks so much for this. I appreciate the effort. It really helps a lot.

free tattoo removal cream before and after lazer prices this is the blog for tattoo removal cream prices and cost. the best cream to pruchase free tattoo removal cream before and after lazer prices