We match you with mondy for school
join studentawards | the forum | membership benefits | surveys français? visitez boursetudes.com  
Welcome Guest to the Studentawards Forum Forum Home | Search | Active Topics | Forum Members | Forum Log In | Forum Register

Question regarding UofT language requirement ! Options
GoBarca
Posted: December 16, 2010 6:36:31 PM
Groups: Member

HI GUYS!

I took a toefl test recently and i got 100. As you all know, UofT wants 100 on TOEFL... so i am JUST there ..
I am wondering is it necessary to take it again just to get a better score? or 100 is fine?

ALL HELP APPRECIATED!!
Nyx
Posted: December 16, 2010 6:51:22 PM

GoBarca wrote:
HI GUYS!

I took a toefl test recently and i got 100. As you all know, UofT wants 100 on TOEFL... so i am JUST there ..
I am wondering is it necessary to take it again just to get a better score? or 100 is fine?

ALL HELP APPRECIATED!!

I don't think so. It's just to show you can communicate in English, which is complete BS and a waste of $150 for no good reason, even though you can comprehend and read and write in english a lot better than so many rednecks whose only advantage is that they were born here. But that's off topic. You should check with the admissions office to see what they use the score for.

Applying to:

Queens University: Life Science (BSc)
University of Western Ontario: Biomed+ Scholar's electives (maybe) + AEO (BMSc +HBA)
University of Toronto, St George campus: Life Science (BSc), Trinity College or Victoria College
Mcgill University: Biol, Biomed, Life sci (Bsc)
UOIT: Life sci and management (no, please don't comment)
Harvard College
Yale University
Stanford University
Princeton University
Duke University
GoBarca
Posted: December 16, 2010 6:53:55 PM

i think its 225 bucks ... FREAKING EXPENSIVE ...
j-fo
Posted: December 16, 2010 10:38:41 PM

That should do it. But yeah, contact the school.

McGill - Linguistics & Computer science // U of T - Linguistics & Computing // UBC - Computer science & Linguistics
Queen's - Cognitive science // SFU - Computing science & Linguistics
moniquekisette
Posted: February 12, 2011 7:01:28 PM

yeah that's fine. but they are checking for individual scores for each categories, like Writing should be 21 atleast.