We match you with mondy for school
join studentawards | the forum | membership benefits | surveys français? visitez boursetudes.com  
Welcome Guest to the Studentawards Forum Forum Home | Search | Active Topics | Forum Members | Forum Log In | Forum Register

Queen's Major Awards Applicants 2011 Options
btown
Posted: December 13, 2010 11:04:29 PM

Groups: Member

lemony wrote:
btown wrote:
Does anyone have anything under the TO DO LIST tab on My Queen's Portal? Mine says that I need to complete the general PSE, the Commerce PSE, and my High School Transcript.worry My chancellor's application is in progress too...

Mine says General PSE & Commerce PSE...

So you don't have "High School Transcript" under your to do list?

Applied to: Queen's Commerce ( Chancellor nominee), Mcgill Management and UBC Commerce
Class of 2015 in ?
Luna
Posted: December 14, 2010 12:00:29 AM

jackbaek wrote:
btown wrote:
Does anyone have anything under the TO DO LIST tab on My Queen's Portal? Mine says that I need to complete the general PSE, the Commerce PSE, and my High School Transcript.worry My chancellor's application is in progress too...

Yeh me too. but when you guys click the "View Award Application Status", what does it say? I click it and it doesnt' do anything for me..

If absolutely nothing happens when you click "View Award Application Status" (as in the screen doesn't change), I would suggest you try disabling your pop-up blocker. That's what I had to do so that the new window would open. But if you mean that nothing shows up, just be patient, they're probably still updating everyone's accounts. And my to-do list says that I need to complete the general PSE, too.

And btown, is there any chance your high school transcript somehow didn't make it into your scholarship application package? I feel like that's the only reason they would ask for it.
StarsAligned
Posted: December 14, 2010 1:52:50 AM

Ummm
I have nothing on my To-Do list ... that's either great news or terrible news.

Also, I heard you don't have to do the PSE if you are Chancellor's nominee? (which I was)
Perhaps I'm all set already?
jackbaek
Posted: December 14, 2010 4:53:52 PM

Luna wrote:
jackbaek wrote:
btown wrote:

Yeh me too. but when you guys click the "View Award Application Status", what does it say? I click it and it doesnt' do anything for me..

If absolutely nothing happens when you click "View Award Application Status" (as in the screen doesn't change), I would suggest you try disabling your pop-up blocker. That's what I had to do so that the new window would open. But if you mean that nothing shows up, just be patient, they're probably still updating everyone's accounts. And my to-do list says that I need to complete the general PSE, too.

And btown, is there any chance your high school transcript somehow didn't make it into your scholarship application package? I feel like that's the only reason they would ask for it.

oh thanks! yea i had to disable the pop up blocker. awesome, it says in progress.
and for my to-do list it just says PSE general also

Applying to:
Waterloo: Math/CA
Queens: Science (Math)
Toronto: Mathematical Applications in Economics and Finance
Posted: December 14, 2010 5:22:33 PM

i just made my queens netID and it says "You currently do not have any Award Applications available for viewing online.". will it be updated since i just made the account and since i didnt put an ouac reference number at the time i applied for the major award because we didnt apply yet?

Applying to:

Queen's Commerce
Schulich BBA
Economics (AEO) Ivey
Wilfred Laurier BBA
Rotman Commerce
btown
Posted: December 14, 2010 7:22:05 PM

Luna wrote:
jackbaek wrote:
btown wrote:

I am a chancellor's nominee so my councilor sent in the application for me. I guess he forgot to include my official transcript.

Applied to: Queen's Commerce ( Chancellor nominee), Mcgill Management and UBC Commerce
Class of 2015 in ?
purplepheonix
Posted: December 16, 2010 8:16:07 PM

btown wrote:
Luna wrote:
jackbaek wrote:
btown wrote:

I am a chancellor's nominee so my councilor sent in the application for me. I guess he forgot to include my official transcript.

Same thing happend with me but I got an e-mail from the registrar the next day asking me to fax a copy of my transcript.

Applying to:
Queen's ConEd
Trent ConEd
Queen's Art/Sci
Nyx
Posted: December 19, 2010 2:52:54 PM

90210 wrote:
i just made my queens netID and it says "You currently do not have any Award Applications available for viewing online.". will it be updated since i just made the account and since i didnt put an ouac reference number at the time i applied for the major award because we didnt apply yet?

yep. that's exactly what happened with me. they say they received my application on the 1st but it only showed up online today.

Applying to:

Queens University: Life Science (BSc)
University of Western Ontario: Biomed+ Scholar's electives (maybe) + AEO (BMSc +HBA)
University of Toronto, St George campus: Life Science (BSc), Trinity College or Victoria College
Mcgill University: Biol, Biomed, Life sci (Bsc)
UOIT: Life sci and management (no, please don't comment)
Harvard College
Yale University
Stanford University
Princeton University
Duke University
grad2011
Posted: December 19, 2010 3:21:42 PM

mine says I need the pse, commerce essay, and hs transcript.. what do I do. I know the transcript was mailed

Applying to:

Queens Commerce, Western HBA, UBC Commerce, Simon Fraser Business Administration
Nyx
Posted: December 19, 2010 5:25:24 PM

StarsAligned wrote:
Ummm
I have nothing on my To-Do list ... that's either great news or terrible news.

Also, I heard you don't have to do the PSE if you are Chancellor's nominee? (which I was)
Perhaps I'm all set already?

I have nothing either, so lets hope we're good smile

and no , you don't need to do the PSE if you're a chancellor's nominee...let me find a link or something

edit: found it! : http://www.queensu.ca/studentawards/financialassistance/admissionscholarships/major/major_entrance_awards_app_fw11-12.pdf

it's on pg 2

Applying to:

Queens University: Life Science (BSc)
University of Western Ontario: Biomed+ Scholar's electives (maybe) + AEO (BMSc +HBA)
University of Toronto, St George campus: Life Science (BSc), Trinity College or Victoria College
Mcgill University: Biol, Biomed, Life sci (Bsc)
UOIT: Life sci and management (no, please don't comment)
Harvard College
Yale University
Stanford University
Princeton University
Duke University
StarsAligned
Posted: December 19, 2010 6:45:53 PM

^ yeah .. I got the 3 things now frown

Transcript .. do I need to send it twice?!
purpledog
Posted: December 19, 2010 8:28:13 PM

StarsAligned wrote:
^ yeah .. I got the 3 things now frown

Transcript .. do I need to send it twice?!

I've got those three too. I think they just haven't updated it yet... at least I hope so.
btown
Posted: December 19, 2010 9:28:39 PM

I think they are just really slow at updating things from reading last year's thread.

Class of 2015 in ?
jackbaek
Posted: December 20, 2010 11:01:14 AM

Got an email from Queens saying congrats on the chancellors nom! and I just have to ignore the PSE which is on my to do list, and they will try to remove it as quickly as possible.

Applying to:
Waterloo: Math/CA
Queens: Science (Math)
Toronto: Mathematical Applications in Economics and Finance
grad2011
Posted: December 31, 2010 2:00:23 PM

Applying to:

Queens Commerce, Western HBA, UBC Commerce, Simon Fraser Business Administration
grad2011
Posted: December 31, 2010 2:01:48 PM

my pse and commerce essay is now gone but it still says i need the high school transcript anyone else? also if we get accepted now, will we not have to send a final transcipt of grades until august? im from bc

Applying to:

Areeb X Akhter
Posted: January 31, 2011 11:06:19 AM

I'm also having the same prblem as some of the people here....wen I click on the View Awards and nothing happens, ive turned off my pop up blocker too :S