We match you with mondy for school
join studentawards | the forum | membership benefits | surveys français? visitez boursetudes.com  
Welcome Guest to the Studentawards Forum Forum Home | Search | Active Topics | Forum Members | Forum Log In | Forum Register

Is school spirit for everybody? Options
kaloolah
Posted: December 19, 2010 8:21:33 PM

Groups: Member

lytherebel wrote:
LawStudent wrote:
lytherebel wrote:
I'm going to join LGBTQ events at university as my way of keeping up with school spirit.

You're gay?

And then some.

Ahaha smile That made me smile.

Anyway, I'm so excited for high school to finish (and I'm in grade 11). I would like the other people at university to also want to be there, but I'm not into football games, face painting and typical peppy rah-rah-rah goooooo *insert name of university* type things.

EC's:
Auditioned for the National Youth Band for 2011 (haven't heard back yet, fingers crossed!)
4 years provincial honor band
4 years provincial honor jazz band program
5 years in the honors district music program: choir, band (first chair flute/ piccolo), big band (playing lead sax)
6 years school music program, playing/ singing in various groups such as the choir, concert band, jazz band, jazz combo, sax ensemble, flute ensemble
1 year school debate team
1 year school newspaper
11 years girl guides
Grade 8 RCM flute (working on grade 9)
123abcuwo
Posted: December 20, 2010 2:33:14 AM

You'll become just as spirited and cheer just as loud as everyone else when everyone surrounding you is doing the same. You kinda just feed off the energy. There's a sense of school pride/spirit that exists at Queen's (UWO's similar in that respect) and even if some people are introverted, they tend to be just as proud of their school and cheer super loud during football games.
It's different from high school, so if you're not too spirited about your current high school, don't worry it's not going to be the same razz.

Ivey HBA1
The University of Western Ontario
Mr Blathers
Posted: December 20, 2010 11:32:42 AM

123abcuwo wrote:
You'll become just as spirited and cheer just as loud as everyone else when everyone surrounding you is doing the same. You kinda just feed off the energy.

Hooray for mob mentality! Nothing warms my heart as much as seeing a large group of people tipping over pop machines and jeering with pitchforks!

I go to the school of life and I plan on graduating the day I die.
j-fo
Posted: December 20, 2010 3:11:18 PM

^ lol

123abcuwo wrote:
You'll become just as spirited and cheer just as loud as everyone else when everyone surrounding you is doing the same. You kinda just feed off the energy. There's a sense of school pride/spirit that exists at Queen's (UWO's similar in that respect) and even if some people are introverted, they tend to be just as proud of their school and cheer super loud during football games.
It's different from high school, so if you're not too spirited about your current high school, don't worry it's not going to be the same razz.

Thank you, I feel better about it now. basketball

McGill - Linguistics & Computer science // U of T - Linguistics & Computing // UBC - Computer science & Linguistics
Queen's - Cognitive science // SFU - Computing science & Linguistics
EngSciHopeful
Posted: December 28, 2010 7:45:06 PM

SPAM

UNIVERSITY*OF*TORONTO*ENGINEERING*SCIENCE*1T4

UNIVERSITY*OF*TORONTO*CHEMISTRY*CLASS*OF*2014